7 Types of Construction Tickets and Licenses in Sydney

No comments

In addition to the general construction induction training (white card) which is needed to work on any construction site, I have also put together a list of additional tickets and licenses that labourers or tradies in Sydney might also require. If you need tips on how to get your white card, check out this crash guide on how to get it!

 1. Confined Space Entry Ticket

A confined space entry ticket is required for those that work in confined spaces that are either enclosed or partially enclosed. Examples of work where this ticket may be required include sewers, tunnels, trenches, tanks and vats.

2. Working at Heights Ticket

If you are required to work at heights throughout the course of your work, the Working at Heights ticket will be necessary due to the level of risk that’s involved. Jobs where this ticket may be required include working on elevated work platforms and scaffolding.

3. Elevated Work Platforms Ticket

The Elevated Work Platforms ticket (EWP) is separated into two sections, the first for under 11 metres and the second for over 11 metres. Once you have completed the EWP under 11 metres course you will be able to operate a scissors lift, a vertical lift and a boom lift under 11 metres. If you are required to operate a Boom lift over 11 metres you will be required to have completed additional training that allows you to do so.

4. Asbestos Removal Ticket

There are two licenses for asbestos removal, as well as a license to be an asbestos assessor.

  • Class A – to remove friable asbestos
  • Class B – to remove non-friable asbestos
  • Asbestos assessor license – to carry out air monitoring, clearance inspections, issue clearance certificates.

5. Traffic Control Blue and Yellow Cards

The traffic controlling tickets are divided into two categories; the first allows you to control traffic (Blue card) and the second allows you to plan and implement a traffic control plan. If you plan on working as a traffic controller and earn good money, you will require a blue ticket which will allow you to direct traffic flows around sites. A Yellow card allows you to plan for traffic movement around a site and ensure it’s up to safety standards.

6. RISI Ticket (Rail Industry Safety Induction)

In order to receive the RISI Ticket, a simple training course must be undertaken which tackles basic hazards in the operations of the rail environment and awareness on track safety and electrical safety. The ticket is essential for any workers who work on rail infrastructure throughout Sydney.

7. High Risk Work Licences

Construction workers who carry out high risk jobs are required to get specific licenses such as crane licences, dogging, rigging and scaffolding licences, forklift licences, hoist licences, pressure equipment licences & reach stacker licences.

How to Get Construction Tickets & Licences?
There are various registered providers who offer different courses on the above tickets and licences all around Australia. Luckily, many of the courses can be taken on Saturdays and Sundays so that you do not miss out on work while you become more qualified and certified to perform work on a construction site.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s