Don’t let the cold weather in Sydney turn you off venturing outside, there is so much to see and do this winter. Check out my top 7 things to see and do in the wintery Habour City in 2018 below.
- Winter isn’t the same without a bit of ice skating. Grab your coat and head to Bondi Beach where the city’s only seaside open-air ice rink will be open as part of Bondi Winter Magic taking place from 28 June- 29 July 2018.
- Vivid Light Festival will be illuminating Sydney again for the seventh year in a row attracting tens of thousands of people to the city. Head to this spectacular event between 25 May – 16 June and enjoy the magic.
- Opt for a chilled night and head for Event Cinema in Westfield Shopping Centre, Bondi Junction. Afterwards, treat yourself to a pizza from Bondi Pizza and get a sneaky dessert from the Chocolate Bar.
- If the budget allows for it, head to one of Sydney’s famous outlets and get your shopping game face on. Some of the best outlets include DFO Homebush and Birkenhead Point Outlet Centre and are very easy to reach using public transport.
- Go for a chilled out stroll or even a job around the botanical gardens, get a hot chocolate and watch the Sydney Harbour get eaten by the sunset.
- Grab your wetsuit and hit the waves at either Bondi Beach, Bronte Beach or Coogee Beach. Don’t let the cold weather put you off getting your toes wet and whatever you say, it’s not as cold as the 40 Foot on Christmas Day back in Ireland!
- If you’ve been following the Bledisloe Cup Festival, don’t miss arch-rivals Qantas Wallabies and the New Zealand All Blacks face off at ANZ Stadium on 8 August, 2018.