I booked my Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417) on the Australian Government’s website and received my visa grant within 24 hours. It cost me €440 and the whole process including filling out the application form was stress-free and very easy to follow. Here is a very quick and handy guide that will help you get your visa!
Here are a few important requirements you need to know before applying for your visa:
- You must be at least 18 but not yet 31 years of age.
- You must not have a dependent child accompanying you at any time during your stay in Australia.
- You must have a passport from an eligible country.
- You can’t have come to Australia previously on a Work and Holiday visa (462).
A working holiday visa allows you to:
- Travel freely and live in Australia for up to 12 months.
- You can leave and enter Australia as many times as you want.
- Work for 12 months in Australia but only work up to 6 months with the one employer.
- You can study up to four months as part of your visa.
- If you complete 3 months regional work in Australia you might be eligible to apply for a second year working holiday visa (most people do this). I will write a separate blog on finding work in Australia a bit later.
To apply for the visa, register an account with the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection. Once this is done, you can fill out the application form which will take you between 5-10 minutes and submit it online. When this step is completed, you will receive an email with “IMMI Acknowledgement of Application Received” in the subject line, check your junk folder if you can’t see it in your inbox. I got this email and my visa grant within 24 hours of applying for it – easy peasy!
If you have any further questions about applying for your Australian Working Holiday Visa, feel free to contact me or leave a comment below!